Our colleague for collective enfranchisement and right to manage issues is Roger Hardwick from Brethertons Solicitors LLP.
Roger is a property solicitor and specialises in residential leasehold property law. His work includes:
- Collective enfranchisement
- Right to manage claims
- Statutory lease extensions
- Freehold acquisitions under the Leasehold Reform Act 1967
- Ground rent portfolio sales and purchases
- Residential service charge disputes
- Applications to the First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) and appeals to the Upper Tribunal (Lands Chamber), including applications to determine service charge liabilities
- Applications to appoint a manager and applications to vary leases, under Part IV of the Landlord & Tenant Act 1987.
Roger has a number of reported decisions to his name, including:
- Post Box Ground Rents v Post Box RTM Company Ltd  UKUT 230 (LC) (on whether a landlord can recover costs incurred in connection with tribunal proceedings, where the application is withdrawn by the RTM company);
- Tedla v Cameret Court Residents Association Ltd.  UKUT 221 (LC) (on whether an intermediate landlord, which is also an RMC need comply with s.47, Landlord and Tenant Act 1987)
- Columbia House Properties (No.3) Ltd. v Imperial Hall Freehold Ltd  UKUT 45 (LC) (on whether managing agent’s fees incurred by a landlord can be recovered in connection with a collective enfranchisement claim);
- Columbia House Properties (No.3) Ltd v Imperial Hall RTM Co Ltd  UKUT 30(LC) (on the scope of s.88, C&LRA 2002)
- No.1 Deansgate (Residential) Ltd v No.1 Deansgate RTM Co Ltd  UKUT 580 (LC) (on the meaning of “structurally detached” in s.72, C&LRA 2002)
He’s proud to have been recognised as a ‘Leader in the Field’ by the Chambers & Partners Guide to the UK Legal Profession 2015.
He won Regional Professional of the Year in the Enfranchisement & Right to Manage Awards 2013 & 2014.
For further information, click here. 2 Rivers does not have a financial, corporate or personal relationship with our colleagues. Their fees and charges are calculated separately without kickbacks or commissions of any kind.
Registered Practice 17781
Licensed and regulated by the ICB and supervised
under the Money Laundering Regulations 2007
Solicitor Firm ID364930
Throughout our website some images used by kind courtesy of iosphere at FreeDigitalPhotos.net