We would want a face to face meeting with you, to discuss the accounting needs of your building and to establish how we can make it as straight forward and clear as possible. Among the issues we discuss:
- The lease and what it allows and demands
- Accounting software and the benefits of it – we use software which is able to give access to manager clients including directors of Right to Manage and Resident Management Companies
- Annual meetings with your residents or shareholders
- Your own bank accounts and if you are a new company, opening those in accordance with RICS best practice and legislation in the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987
- Your budget and the current financial situation, the previous years’ performance with variance comparison
- Building insurance needs
- Previous meetings and any minutes which help to identify your current financial situation
- Any current S20 notices for long term contracts or major works
- Any queries or complaints in past history to learn the issues of the residents
- Appointment of an independent auditor to review our work over the year with a full audit or a report on factual findings depending on the lease
Other factors to be considered in terms of accounts include payroll fees which are outsourced separately, if you are a retirement property and employ an estate or house manager/warden. If your lease requires an audit or a report of factual findings, we have to outsource this to an independent accountant who will charge separately.
We need to mention here that 2 Rivers does not have a financial, corporate or personal relationship with our partners. Their fees and charges are calculated separately without kickbacks or commissions of any kind.
Lastly we would mention that we work on a fair use basis for our pricing and offer a clause in all our contracts that enables you to assess our performance each year and choose another agent if the pieces are not coming together. We want you to be happy with the way your accounts are being managed. See Fair Use description Fair Use Explained.
Obviously we hope you keep our services, but you have peace of mind knowing that you are never locked into a contract which you cannot easily terminate if you are not satisfied. Whatever happens, we want to begin and end with a handshake.
Registered Practice 17781
Licensed and regulated by the ICB and supervised
under the Money Laundering Regulations 2007
Solicitor Firm ID 364930
Invoices can be paid online via:
Some images courtesy of iosphere at FreeDigitalPhotos.net